Monday, December 20, 2021

New article ideas for 2022

Person looking at computer plugged into a globe

It's been awhile since I have written an academic article.  (Insert gasp here).  I know.  I know.  The shame!

In reality, I took a break from higher education for about three years to work in the K-12 environment.  The problem? When you are an academic or a researcher and you switch from higher education to private industry or government work, there is no tutorial on how you can continue your research in these settings.  Where is the internal reviews board (IRB)?  Am I allowed to conduct research since I'm no longer in higher education?  Will I even benefit from it later on?  So many questions, yet too little answers.

Now that I have returned to higher education, I look forward to returning to my writing roots and getting some publications out there.  No longer will I have to suffer through those questions of mine. My next steps will be to decide on a topic I want to research.  I've been out of the game for so long, so returning back to this process will take me a while.  

Hmm, maybe I should write an article on researching outside of a higher education environment...

No comments:

Post a Comment