Course Director at Full Sail University, November 2021 to present
- Facilitates online classes on a variety of topics involving Instructional Design
- Support ITCLs and Developers with use of event management software, online assessment software, and OneNote master courses.
- Lead on MTSS-RTI software implementation in Synergy.
CAPS Faculty Lead and Assistant Professor for the NU College of Education, June 2015 to May 2018
- Teaching Technology and Society, Technology in Education, Multicultural Education, and Education Capstone classes
- Assisting in managing Masters in Education and Grow-Your-Own online courses.
- Co-chair of the Faculty Development Committee and member of the Academic Technology and Resources Committee
- Headed the Campus Solutions portion of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) curriculum development and software training for staff of Tacoma Community College, Spokane Community College, Spokane District, and Spokane Falls Community College.
- Developed quick reference guides and online simulations for ERP training.
Instructional Designer for Ellucian Inc. at Seattle University, March 2011 to January 2013
- Provided instructional design services for Seattle University faculty and staff. Includes: Conduct workshops and training on college's CMS (content management system); Designed and publish training resource web pages; Design online training modules. Provided technical assistance on LMS.
- Served as project lead for Back-to-School OIT (Office of Information Technology) orientation for incoming freshmen
Project Manager (Graduate Assistant), September 2009 to September 2010, Educational Technology Department at the University of Hawai’i
- Hired the online designer for the college’s virtual campus in Second Life and supervised its development.
- Worked with a committee of faculty and staff to ensure the culture and needs of University were taken into account during the development of the virtual campus.
- Conducted qualitative research at University of Hawai’i’s College of Education’s virtual campus in Second Life.
Technology Mentor (Graduate Assistant), January 2005 to September 2009, Technology and Distance Programs at the University of Hawai’i
- Conducted one-on-one mentoring sessions as well as group workshops with College of Education faculty concerning the development of their online courses using WebCT and Sakai online course management systems.
- Provided technical support when helping faculty transfer or copy courses from one semester to another. Regularly worked with the ITS (Information Technology Services) department on campus to work out any technical problems instructors may haven encountered with their courses.
- Developed several training materials for faculty including paper-based job aids, online video tutorials, and online modules to aid faculty in their use of technology for instruction.
- Trained and provided technical support for faculty on using Elluminate online conferencing software for their online courses.
- Planned and implemented Professional Development workshops for faculty, staff, and students on various collaboration and assessment tools used for teaching and learning online, such as Google docs, Google sites, and iTunesU for the University of Hawaii.
- Conducted needs assessments for the Technology and Distance Programs office in terms of what training and support faculty needed from our office in particular.
- Worked on the hiring committee when department hired a new Instructional Designer for the college.
Instructor and Teaching Assistant, Spring 2005, Spring 2008, Summer 2009, and Fall 2010
- Co-taught with Dr. Peter Leong for ETEC 648D: Computer Authoring – Virtual Reality (Fall 2010). Course was taught completely online.
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Peter Leong for ETEC 648D: Computer Authoring – Virtual Reality (Summer 2009). Course was taught completely online.
- Co-taught with Ariana Eichelberger ETEC 414: Educational Media Technology (Spring 2008).
- Teaching Assistant for Michael-Brian Ogawa for ETEC 414 (Summer 2005)
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Shirley Yamashita for ETEC 414 (Spring 2005)
Substitute Teacher, August 2004 to December 2004
- Taught a variety of Intermediate and Middle school classes when needed
- Subjects included English, Science, and music.
Summer School English Teacher, June 2004 to July 2004, Sacred Hearts Academy, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Taught 6th, 7th, and 8th grade English.
English Teacher, January 2004 to June 2004, Hawai'i Public School System, Ewa Beach, Hawai'i
- Taught 7th and 8th grade English and 7th Grade Science.
EDUCATIONPhD in Education (specialization in Educational Technology/Instructional Design) University of Hawaiʻi - Manoa, August 2012
Dissertation: Andragogical Characteristics and Expectations of University of Hawaiʻi Adult Learners in a 3D Multi-User Virtual Environment
Master of Educational Technology
University of Hawaiʻi - Manoa, May 2006
Thesis Project: Developed an online module for high school students on adhering to Intellectual Property Rights
Bachelor of Education in Secondary Education
University of Hawaiʻi - Manoa, December 2003
Emphasis on English Education
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale
Certification: Secondary Education English, Hawaiʻi Department of Education, 2004-2011
- Instructional Design Experience: Worked with Instructure Canvas, Moodle, WebCT, Sakai, ANGEL, WebEx, Elluminate, and Blackboard Collaborate to help instructors design online higher education courses. Familiar with Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Ultra. Designed and conducted several face-to-face and online workshops with faculty, training them on using various types of software.
- Software experience: Proficient in PC and Mac platforms; Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; User Productivity Kit; Respondus; Audacity; Adobe Photoshop; GIMP; Windows Movie Maker; Final Cut Pro; iMovie; Camtasia; Jing; iTunesU; Adobe Captivate; and Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari browsers. Has working knowledge of Flash, Linux, and student response systems.
- Web design experience: Proficient in HTML and using various online and offline WYSIWIG editors such as Ektron, Dreamweaver, Komposer, and Google Sites. Familiar with online accessibility standards for those with disabilities.
- Interpersonal experience: Able to work with faculty and adult learners. Able to write clearly and concisely, speak publicly, manage time, set objectives, set goals, and assume authority. Able to use methodology, purpose survey work, and identify and use resources. Able to adapt to new technology easily. Physically able to operate computer equipment and office equipment using repetitive arm movements. Able to sit or stand in an office or classroom for long periods of time, as needed. Able to lift 15 pounds or more.
- Meeder, R. (2018, November 12). News Aggregators: Professional Development for the Busy Teacher. Free Technology for Teachers. Retrieved from https://www.freetech4teachers.com/2018/11/news-aggregators-professional.html
- Meeder, R. (2014, April 21). Grupos y páginas de Facebook en educación superior >> Traspasando la línea >>. Retrieved from http://blogs.elpais.com/traspasando-la-linea/2014/04/grupos-y-p%C3%A1ginas-de-facebook-en-educaci%C3%B3n-superior.html
- Meeder, R. L. (2012). Andragogical characteristics and expectations of university of hawai'i adult learners in a 3D multi-user virtual environment. University of Hawai'i at Manoa). ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, , 148. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1267780255?accountid=27140. (1267780255).
- Meeder, R. & Leong, P. (2011). How Adult Characteristics Affect Learning in 3D Virtual Environments. In Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2011 (pp. 2439-2445). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Meeder, R.L. & Dr. Peter Leong (2010). “Identity and the Educational Community in Multi-user VirtualEnvironments.” AECT 2010 Conference Proceedings.
- Venable, M., McKimmy, P., Gose, E., Hutchinson, N., Lavolette, E., Huang, P.h.(., Nakamura, P., McCann, K., Meeder, R. & Pusal, E. (2009). Distance Course Design & Consulting Group (DCDC): Online Course Development in Higher Education. In G. Siemens & C. Fulford (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2009 (pp. 517-522). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Serna, K. PhD & Rebecca Meeder. (2008) “Lost InTranslation: The Challenges of Changing a Health Education MethodsCourse to an Online ‘Hybrid’ Course for Pre-Service Elementary Teachers.” International Electronic Journal of Health Education, 2008; 11:1-3 (Supplementary Issue).
- Meeder, R.L. (2008). “Videoblogging in Education:The new wave of interactive educational television.” TCC 2008 Conference Proceedings.
- Meeder, R. L. (2005). “Access Denied: Internet Filtering Software in K-12 Classrooms.” TechTrends, 40(6), 56-58
- Presenter at the Learn & Grow Conference (2022, 2023)
- Volunteer at the Serious Play Conference (2022)
- Attended the TCC Conference (2022)
- Full Sail University's Hall of Fame (HOF) panel member (2022)
- Attended NCCE Conference (2021)
- Attended NCCE Conference (2020)
- Attended 24th Annual TCC Online Conference (2019)
- Reviewer for Annual TCC Online Conference (2019-present)
- Attended NCCE Conference (2019)
- Attended the 2018 Edupoint National Users Conference (2018)
- Reviewer for TCCHawaii's ICoME 2018 Travel Grants (2018)
- Member of Northwest University's Academic Technology and Resource Committee (2017-2018)
- Member of Northwest University's Technology in the Classroom Research Committee (2017-2018)
- Co-chair of Northwest University's Faculty Development Committee (2017-2018)
- Member of Northwest University's Faculty Development Committee (2016-2017)
- Named one of the 50 top alumni at the University of Hawaii's LTEC 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Attended the 2017 TCC Online Conference
- Presenter with Dr. Caicai Wu at the TCC Online Conference (2016)
- General Session Proposal Review Committee member for TCC 2016
- Kinder-to-College (K2C) volunteer (April 2016)
- Reviewer for the Northwest Journal of Teacher Education (2016-2018)
- Guest speaker at TCCfx 2015 (October 2015)
- Attended 2015 Technology in Education Conference at WSU (October 2015)
- AVID mentor at Bellevue High School (Fall 2015)
- Presenter on Using Pinterest in Education at TCC Pre-Conference (March 2014)
- Social Media Team volunteer for TCC Online Conference (April 2013 and April 2014)
- Participant at the TCC Online Conference (April 2012)
- AECT-HI Alumni Representative (2012)
- Remote Presenter at 2011 AECT Conference in Jacksonville, FL (November 2011)
- Presenter at 2011 AACE Conference in Honolulu, HI (October 2011)
- Presenter at 2011 Virtual Worlds: Best Practices in Education online conference (March 2011)
- Presenter at 2010 AECT Conference in Anaheim, CA (October 2010)
- Facilitator at the TCC Online Conference (April 2009 & April 2010)
- Presenter and volunteer at the TCC Online Conference (April 2008)
- Participant at Vloggercon 2006, San Francisco, CA (June 2006)
- Attended the Pan Pacific Distance Learning Association 2006 Annual Conference at Kamehameha Schools (January 2006)
- Attended the Current Higher Education Initiatives & Issues in Distance Education Conference at the Marriott (November 2005)
- Volunteered at the New Media Consortium Summer Conference in Hawai’i at the Illikai Hotel in Waikiki (June 2005)